State Opera South Australia is seeking Expressions of Interest (EOI) from suitable people to be considered for appointment to the State Opera South Australia Board of Directors.
State Opera enriches, inspires and connects opera lovers by fostering arts, culture, creative industry and community. We work with national and international arts companies, artists, creatives, community groups and creative practitioners at all stages of their career to enhance the cultural life of our region. We are a not-for-profit organisation established under an Act of Parliament, and as such are a Statutory Authority.
The role of the State Opera Board is to provide governance and strategic leadership to the organisation and comprises of people with a wide range of skills and backgrounds. Director positions are voluntary – there will be no remuneration however reasonable travel expenses will be reimbursed. Board members are appointed for three years with an option to extend for two more terms of three years. Appointments are made by the South Australian Arts Minister.
The Board of Directors meets 10 times a year on the second Monday of the month from 4.30pm-6.30pm.
Expectations of Board Members
- Attend and actively participate in meetings;
- Stay informed about committee matters, prepare themselves well for meetings, and reviews and comment on minutes and reports;
- Serve on sub-committees;
- Build a collegial working relationship with other board members that contributes to a consensual approach to decisions;
- Utilise own skills, experience and knowledge to support the growth and success of the organisation;
- Help communicate and promote the State Opera mission, purpose and services to the community;
- Become familiar with our strategy, services, resources, finances, and market;
- Understand the National, State and Regional context and issues, peak body status, service delivery, financial aims, and policies and procedures.
A representative panel will read all expressions and make recommendations to the Minister for appointment as vacancy opportunities arise.
IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN THE POSITION PLEASE COMPLETE THE EOI FORM BELOW.
TO DISCUSS THE ROLE FURTHER OR REQUEST AN INFORMATION PACK CONTACT:
Yarmila Alfonzetti, Executive Director
0414 560 917 or [email protected]
All enquiries treated confidentially